GES-2017: Make the Best of India's Entertainment Economy
Block your diary 17 to 20 April 2017, to be part of the Global Exhibition on Services. GES will bring media and entertainment service providers, content buyers, location & production services under one platform. GES will enable service providers to explore M&E service solutions in the emerging digital world.
File photo:Voot at GES-2016 exhibition
India is set to host the third Global Exhibition on Services (GES) in India Expo Centre & Mart Greater Noida from 17 to 20 April 2017.
Spearheaded by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, the expo is organised in association with the Confederation of India Industry (CII) and SEPC. The first Global Exhibition on Services will be a global platform to showcase the inherent strength of services sector in India.
The GES will bring the Indian M&E service providers under one platform to the expo. Content buyers, technology service providers, production and location executives will benefit. The GES will enable delegates to explore M&E service solutions in the new emerging digital world.
Media and Entertainment is among the sectors included in the Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ campaign to promote creative services, production, locations and offshoring. The cost benefits for global M&E companies is estimated to be as high as 60-70%.
The Indian content on screen reaches over 85 countries on all major platforms, including Netflix and iTunes. This is just the tip of the iceberg and is set to increase in the coming years. After Hollywood, Indian cinema has the highest reach (in terms of distribution for films) and reaches over 75 territories globally. India’s strength is emotional content -- telling human stories that resonate the world over, irrespective of the language barrier.
- Participation from national and international government and business leaders and corporates
- International players with common goals, countries to interact and showcase their strengths
- Multi-pronged approach to meetings, seminars, discussions
- Dedicated Seminars and B2B meetings/match making
- Facilitate deliberations on barriers to services trade
- 100 Buyers of importance from across the world with a specific focus on the top global markets that of the US, Europe and the SAARC region
- Indian content owners/creators and service providers
- MOUs and Sale of Content - strategic collaborations and tie-ups between Indian content owners and international buyers
- Launch of the Digital platform-Media and Entertainment- creation of a Digital market place for M&E contents and services-online
- The B2B meeting zone -with digital screens for promos
- The Screening Zone - small booths for buyers to sit and view content on different screens
- The Stalls’ Display Zone -for Indian companies
- A Make in India Buyers Lounge
- The Great Indian Screen-for visionary panel discussions
Exhibition space is open for GES 2017
WHAT TO GET AT GES
The exhibition would be a meeting place for countries, for global service sector players to forge new business relationships and enhance international trade in services
GES will offer a one-stop-shop for meetings, networking and collaboration in the entertainment space. GES is the place to explore film shooting destinations across India
MAKE IN INDIA
Media and Entertainment is among the sectors included in the Government of India’s "Make in India” campaign to promote creative services, production, locations and offshoring
It’s a great expo to look at alternative and emerging business models especially in the services space
Start-ups rejuvenate economies, spur innovation, work beyond geographies and create jobs. Meet top innovators and SMEs from the Media and Entertainment Sector
It is a perfect launch pad for your products and services. If you are an App developer there is a great demand from companies looking at creating innovative Apps
09 Oct 2017 Issue
Pickle is India's media and entertainment business guide that positions India in the global markets and reach out to decision makers. Read More